It’s that time of year, time for the Annual San Diego County Fair, beginning June 2 through July 4. This year it is called Where the West was Fun, it’s 26 days of wild and whimsical fun! Join us for San Diego’s biggest annual event!
The smell of the fair is in the air with the aromas of Funnel Cakes, Fried Twinkies & Baaaaaaaaaaaaacon! For all you chocolate lovers- you can have chocolate covered anything, including Bacon! This year dig your teeth into Chicken Charlies Krispy Kreme ice cream chicken sandwich, It is cold, soft hard, crunchy, sweet – are you kidding me? Wow, if anyone has tried it please let me know. Eat at your own risk & bring some Tums just in case.
50 Shades of Savings-for fair deals, head to Albertsons or Vons and purchase $5.00 tickets for June 2, 3 & 7th. Tuesday, June 27 is Kids’ Day at the fair, children 12 and under get in free. Admission for kids ages 6-12 is $11 on (normal days). Children 5 and under get in free all fair season long. Adults’s 13-61 regular admission is $18. Seniors 62 and older $11. One of the best Deals is 26 for $26— you can get an unlimited pass – $26 for 26 days, it’s a great deal.
50 Shades of Rides –buckle up and enjoy the rides. From flips, twirls, dips & wheels, my favorite is the Grand Wheel and an added bonus it has grand beach views. Fun it up- from the coaster to ferris wheel you can be a kid again. It’s fun for all ages.
50 Shades of Concerts– turn it up, it’s a great entertainment line-up this year. From Country to Rock Toyota Summer Concert Series on the Heineken Grandstand Stage
- Sunday, June 4 – La Arrolladora Banda El Limón
- Wednesday, June 7 – Patti LaBelle
- Saturday, June 10 – Toby Keith
- Sunday, June 11 – Banda MS
- Friday, June 16 – Darius Rucker
- Saturday, June 17 – Spirit West Coast
- Sunday, June 18 – Grupo Intocable
- Wednesday, June 21 – Switchfoot
- Thursday, June 22 – Frankie Valli & the Four Seasons
- Saturday, June 24 – Gospel Festival: Tasha Cobbs & Hezekiah Walker
- Sunday, June 25 – Calibre 50
- Friday, June 30 – Dan + Shay
- Saturday, July 1 – Jeff Foxworthy
- Sunday, July 2 – Paquita la del Barrio
- Tuesday, July 4 – Anjelah Johnson
50 Shades of Festivals. The fair hosts Festivals from Beer to Bluegrass, Toast of the Coast Wine Festival June 10. The San Diego International Beer Festival Friday June16-June 18. June 24 Distilled Spirits and Cocktail Festival . You can come & raise a glass & toast the fair! Cheers.
Do you have the fever for the flavor of the fair, if so now is the time to go check out sights & sounds of the San Diego Fair. It runs from June 2-July 4 closed Mondays except July 3 & the first three Tuesdays. Sundays are Family Day so grab your friends and family and we will see you out at the Fair.
What is your favorite part of the fair?
Written by Jennifer Jrock Blake