We wish you a Merry Fitmas, We wish you a Merry Fitmas & A Happy New Rear (oops I mean Year). Don’t let the 12 Days of Christmas Turn into the 12 Pounds of Christmas. Turn them into the 12 Days of Fitness. You better watch out, you better not pout, make time to workout. Leave the Partridge in the Pear Tree and make time to get out and get moving, be the seven swans a swimming and 9 ladies dancing.
With all the hustle and bustle of the holidays don’t neglect your workout. You can have fun without adding calories to your holiday. It is reported that on average, Americans gain 4 to 12 pounds from Thanksgiving to New Years. No wonder the #1 New Years Resolution is to lose weight because we eat our way through the holidays.
Leave the visions of sugar plums dancing in your head and not on your hips! One of the holiday traditions is EATING– this year try to avoid the calorie loaded treats and start a new tradition of EXERCISING over the holidays. You don’t want “when what to my wondering eyes should appear but 12 extra pounds on my hips, things and rear this year.”
For the 12 Days of Fitness try to get out and get moving for 30 minutes. The weather outside is delightful so lace up your shoes; take a walk, a bike ride, or a jog. Before you go shopping, get in a workout it will give you the energy boost to get all your shopping done. Working out is also great way to help release the stress of the holiday season. Try to add little fitness to your holiday festivities. You will be happy you did- your waistline will thank you.
Tips to Survive the 12 Pounds of Christmas during the holiday Party Season
- Before heading to a party eat something healthy and filling so you won’t be tempted to eat all the dangerous treats.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after.
- Stand away from the food tables so you aren’t tempted to stand and graze.
- Mingle with friends- if you are talking you can’t be eating.
- Take 30 minutes before the party to exercise it helps to relieve holiday stress.
- Make your Festivities focus on Friends and Family not just Food.
- Leave Santa a carrot plate instead of a cookie plate this year.
- Trim the tree and your waistline this season.
Try the 12 Days of Fitmas-each day do the 12 exercises below, Festive, Fun Fitness.
- 1 minute plank for my belly
- 2 jumping jacks
- 3 bicep curls
- 4 tricep dips
- 5 golden burpees
- 6 shoulder presses
- 7 diamond pushups
- 8 abdominal crunches
- 9 leaping lunges
- 10 jumping jacks
- 11 squat jumps
- 12 mountain climbers
- Join the Plank Challenge-each day till the end of the year do a plank, start with doing 30 seconds & build up to 60 then 90 or more! It is a great exercise for your abs, glutes, hips and back.
- Place elbows directly beneath your shoulders, legs extended.
- Press through your heels so calves are lengthened. Draw your navel toward your spine and engage your glutes.
- Hold for 30,60, 90 seconds. You will love the results.
Relax Kick back and Share some Fitmas cheer
The Weather outside is delightful – Let it Flow, Let It Flow See you Saturday’s at 10am Mission Bay ,North of the Hilton- South of the Visitors Center, next to Playground. Donation based class, Bring a Yoga Mat & water, dress Festive, All Ages & Levels Welcome.